If you want to learn more about the festival and its history, you can catch a half-hour television special produced by the Charlottesville Newsplex in cooperation with the Charlottesville-Albemarle Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Publicist John Kelly reports the show features an interview with festival director Jody Kielbasa, as well as “a look back at our history, featuring interviews with key players like VFF co-founder (and former Virginia Governor) Gerald Baliles; former VFF Director Bob Gazzale (now head of the American Film Institute); Academy Award-winning producer and VFF Advisory Board Chair Mark Johnson; U.Va. President Teresa Sullivan; Meredith Woo, the Buckner W. Clay Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences; and Rita McClenny, head of the Virginia Film Office and the interim director of the Virginia Tourism Office.
“The show also features footage from Tuesday’s launch event, and a segment on things to do in Charlottesville.”
Dates and times after the break …
The show debuts locally on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. on WCAV (Channel 19).
The show is also scheduled to air at the following days and times…
- Sunday, Oct. 7, noon – WVAW-TV (ABC-16)
- Sunday, Oct. 7 – 11:00 a.m. – WAHU (FOX-27)
- Sunday, Oct. 7 – 3:30 p.m. – MY CVILLE
- Saturday, Oct. 13 – 7:30 p.m. – WCAV (CBS-19)
- Sunday, Oct. 14 – 11:30 a.m. – WVAW (ABC-16)
- Sunday, Oct. 14 – 11 a.m. – WAHU (FOX-27)
- Sunday, Oct. 14 – 6 p.m. – MY CVILLE
- Saturday, Oct. 20 – 1 p.m. – WCAV (CBS-19)
- Sunday Oct. 21 – Noon – WVAW (ABC-16)
- Sunday, Oct. 21 – 11:00 a.m. – WAHU (Fox-27)
Please make sure to keep your comments respectful and free from abusive language or personal attacks. Comments will not appear until approved by site moderator. Thank you for reading the blog and we encourage all users to interact with the blog by posting comments and feedback.